Are you ready for spring body confidence? Here are some ways to build that esteem in your health & fitness routine!
1) Ditch the old running shoes! It is time for a new pair! Old shoes can aid to injury. Write the date of purchase on the show box and replace based on your mileage. When you walk or run 10 miles per week, replace your shoes every year. 15 miles, every 8 months, 20 miles, every 6 months, 30 miles, every 4 months.
2) Ditch the old cotton work out clothes and invest in some new anti-wick fabrics!
You will feel more "body beautiful" when you are not wearing old faded cotton that can trap sweat! Instead choose an energy color you love in a fabric that will leave you smelling sweet!
3) Invest in a good pedometer. A study form the British Journal of sport medicine show the cheap freebies you have received, do not keep an accurate reading. Spend around 20 25 dollars for a good one!
4) Get rid of the baby weights! MUSCLE BURNS FAT! Use heavier weights that challenge you. Your body can adapt quickly so if you do not increase, you will plateau. Lift as much as you can as long as it is not painful!
5) Drink your water! Ditch the sipping routine! Drink 4 to 6 ounces every 15 minutes of exercise! Sweating a portion of your body weight during a workout will weaken your workout by making you tired.
6) Ditch the idea "more is better" Consistency is key! You will not burn out and will be more apt to sticking to your routine!
7) Donate the clothes you have been hanging on too, that do not fit! Change someone else's life by giving to a charity. Keep one piece as a "motivator' and get moving that body!
8) Reset Challenge! Here is a great way to Spring Clean your life! See body on the right for details.
In good health,
Jennifer Ettinger, MA., CPT