* Dozens of studies have concluded that cocoa and dark chocolate based foods can decrease risk of cardiovascular disease, improve insulin sensitivity and other diabetic symptoms, relieve inflammation, fight depression, increase energy, improve breathing and even decrease your appetite.
* Dark chocolate is loaded with key neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. Often eating is an emotional experience associated with depression or boredom. These nutrient chemicals can lower the risk of depression, as well as suppress one's appetite and block the pathway that leads to food cravings.
* Fibre in cocoa is linked to decreased weight. Fibre helps block some fat absorption as well as give a feeling of fullness.
* Cocoa's various vitamins and minerals provide essential nutrients that boost energy levels and aid in recovery from exercise.
* Though it may seem a contradiction, consumption of dark chocolate can decrease your desire to eat more sweets, which in turn lowers your overall appetite.
* Theobromine found in abundance in cocao, is associated with weight loss and increased energy.
Dr Richard Cutler of the National Institute of Health states that "The amount of antioxidants you maintain in your body is directly proportional to how long and how healthy you will live.”
Find out more about Xoçai™ Healthy Chocolate® HERE.
Want to taste Xoçai™ Healthy Chocolate®? Come to our annual event to benefit the Women's Centre of York Region. Find out more HERE.